THE Most Delicious Meatballs Recipe (and I’m only Half Italian!)
Who doesn’t love great meatballs?! Over many years Chef Chuck has perfected what he finds to be the best meatball and has dropped that recipe here today and also in a TikTok video HERE. This is a very simple, no fail recipe that comes out delicious every single time.
The journey of the Meatball
First you’ll need to mince up your onion and your garlic. Toss those in a sauté pan over medium heat with your vegetable oil. While you wait for your onions and garlic to cook, add all three meats and your three eggs to a large mixing bowl.
Once the onions are translucent and have softened, add your cubed bread to the pan and let it absorb the remaining oil. After that, add in your milk and lower your heat to allow it all to cook together without burning.
Fold your mixture from the sauté pan as well as the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the meat and mix all of them together well. At this point you can pull out a cookie sheet and either line with parchment or spray with a pan release spray. Roll your balls together to be the size of a golf ball. If you choose, you can get an exterior crust on them in a sauté pan but you can also just add them straight to your oven (set to 400 degrees) and check them after 15 minutes. I have found my typical sweet spot to be 15-20 minutes if I am adding to the saucepot for a bit, 20-25 minutes if I want them completely cooked through and ready for immediate use.
That is literally all you need to do! Super simple, super delicious meatballs. I would recommend adding them to the saucepot when they come out of the oven and I would also recommend using a high quality sauce recipe. WHOA….just so happens I have one right HERE. Added bonus, the sauce recipe I posted has exactly ZERO sugar added!
Exact measurements are listed below, I implore you to try this recipe out and shoot me an e-mail and let me know how you liked it! I guarantee it’ll leave you thinking “Wow…that Didn’t Suck”!
Chef Chuck’s Best Ever Meatballs
- 1 lb. Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 lb. Ground Pork
- 1 lb. Ground Veal
- 3 large Eggs
- .5 large Spanish Onion
- 2 each Kaiser Rolls left out overnight unwrapped
- 4 fluid ounce Whole Milk
- 3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and mince your Onion and Garlic
- Sauté over medium heat using the vegetable oil
- Add all three meats and eggs to a large mixing bowl
- Cube your Kaiser rolls and add to the Sauté pan once onions are translucent
- Lower heat and add milk to sauté pan and mix all together
- Add all ingredients to the mixing bowl with the meats and mix well
- Spray a cookie sheet with pan spray or line with parchment
- Roll meat into balls the size of a golf ball and add to the pan
- put into the oven and check them after 15 minutes
- If you're finishing the cooking process in your sauce, pull them out and add to the sauce
- If you are not finishing in the sauce, rotate the balls and allow to cook another 10 minutes